Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Now it is really the final layout.............

Hedy mentioned in her comment yesterday that the bottom row looked dark and I thought it was because the light source isn't as bright at the bottom of the design wall.  I decided however to change the end block with the center block and it brightens the center and distributes the green a little better.  Then I decided to do the same thing with the top row because that one seemed a little dark.  The end block was a lot lighter than the rest and it looks better in the center too.  Now it is going to get sewn together.
The Purple Coneflowers (which I call pink!) are starting to bloom all through the back garden.  In the top right corner are the buds of the orange Tiger Lilies. I'm surprised they haven't bloomed yet since so many other perennials bloomed early this year.
The Balloon Flowers are all blooming now.  The front garden is so weedy and overrun by 2 ground covers so it is nice to have a mass of color in there.  The Rudbeckia is getting ready to bloom too.

10 comments:

patty a. said...

I can see the darkness in the bottom row when I compare yesterday's picture with today's picture. I like the change you made.

The flowers are so pretty. My coneflowers are more hot pink. I was just too tired to give them a drink last night. I had sprayed that nasty crabgrass that took over that center bed and it should be much easier to pull out this weekend. I did water the new coneflower plants I bought (I keep forgetting to post a picture of them) since the pots dry out so quick. Thet are getting big and I need to get them in the ground. I don't have any gigs this upcoming weekend so my goal is to get those planted.

Mary said...

This quilt truly is exuberant.

Hedy Hahn said...

This quilt turned out fantastic and it definitely wasn’t because of my comment, the fabrics just sing with happiness with this pattern. When I expand the picture (and thank you to your computer guru), the quilt just lights up. We had to water our flower garden as there has been no rain. One of the plants I thought were weeds the birds dropped in turned out to be phlox about 4’ tall. One year they gave me 3 butterfly bushes in different colors to what I had. My purple coneflower are growing all over and I give them away as they multiply and take over. This past winter really did something bad to my Knock out Roses, I had to prune almost all the branches away and so far, very few blooms. One lilac never bloomed at all. Gardening is something very serious with me.

Diane said...

Hi Wanda. I haven't visited your blog for awhile. What do I find but another gorgeous quilt in the works! Thanks for the tours of your garden, too. You're surrounded with color both indoors and out.

Shasta Matova said...

I like this layout better too. Looks like you are ready to sew!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The layout is terrific, it sparkles! I just bought a red coneflower and hope it does well.

JJM said...

I was surprised that exchanging four blocks would make such a difference. But it did and I like it too.

Summer heat is here in the mountains finally and it feels good, if only out for a short time. (*._.*)

JJM

Elsie Montgomery said...

Lively and lovely... goes with your blog title!

dq said...

I just love this pattern! I made the same quilt after winning some blocks from the Block Lotto. Mine looks so different because there is black in every block. I just LOVE this quilt!

Cathi said...

This is definitely another fabulously happy and colourful quilt. With those few tweaks in the layout, you really made a difference and now it really sparkles.