Friday, June 8, 2018

More preemie quilts...........

I decided that as long as the cabinet was cleared off and I still had white thread on the machine that I might as well keep going on the preemie quilts.  This is the first one I quilted and then serged the edge.







Most of the backs are pieced too.  I'm using all of the scraps left over after we cut the little gowns and receiving blankets.











Next I quilted this one.  When my friend Mary was getting ready to move to CA she brought me all of her flannel pieces as well as this little top that she had pieced.  She had it all pinned with the backing right sides together with it so I finished it that way.
Awhile back I had sorted the hundreds of squares that I cut with my Studio die cutter into packets of 48.  First I laid out this one and then sewed it.  Most of these will be around 18" x 24".




It was still early so I laid out this one.  Another friend gave me the pink and purple dotted fabric scraps.  I sewed that one too.  I have lots of backs made so I hope to finish some of these today.  The church group meets on Monday next week.
Before I turned off the lights and retired for the evening I laid out one more ready to sew this morning.

Another friend recently sent me some more flannel that she had left over from a project.  I went through all of my flannel and pulled some more pieces that were appropriate and we will use all of it with the next batch of gowns and receiving blankets.

8 comments:

patty a. said...

Those little quilts are so pretty. It is good to get them done so they can be put to use.

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I thought those flannel squares with the purple flowers looked familiar. As I remember, that was just a group of leftover flannel squares. Glad to see they will actually become a baby quilt, although I do like your other combinations better—more soothing and coordinated! But maybe some baby will like the purple flowers!
Mary G.

Vicki W said...

These are such cute little quilts! I know the parents must love them.

JustCallMeElle said...

Thank you for the inspiration to make up some small tops from some flannel charms that I cut on the accuquilt. :-) Wish I had a serger, but that's ok, pillow case method works for these small ones too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Those quilts definitely say cozy in. I love the color combos.

QuiddityRox said...

I am curious about serging the edges of your baby quilts. Are the smooth and scratchy-free? I think this is a great time saver if I know they will still be loved. What is your experience? I don't have a serger, do you think a zigzag would do the same?

O'Quilts said...

Good for you Wanda...that is what it is all about xo

JJM said...

OMG ~ Wanda you were in high production yesterday ! Your church group will be thrilled with all your work. AND especially the parents of their little preemies. As I mentioned a day or two ago your giving to everyone in your life is priceless. There truly are angels on earth and you are one of them !

JJM