Monday, June 4, 2018

About half done with the cutting.............

I want to show a couple more of the larger prints I am using for this next quilt.  Here is a link to the photo of the quilt.  I forget that not everyone reads my blog every day and they might not realize they only have to go back a couple days to see where I am starting it and see the inspiration.
There are many  different parts to this print so every square looks different.  I didn't fussy cut the spiral either.  It just happened to be in the spot where I was cutting the 6.5" squares.



I always think of this one as a small print but it is really an assortment of small prints making up the design.

















My porch pots have really filled in.  The sweet potato vine should be draping over the edge soon.












The flowers on this Wild/Hardy Geranium are a deep red violet but I cannot get the camera to recognize that.  I have tried different times of the day too.

12 comments:

patty a. said...

I am getting caught up on reading you last few posts and the fabrics you are showing are fabulous. You have such a wonderful collection! I noticed that my orange roadside lilies have shot up flower heads so with the heat we have been having I should have some flowers/color in the yard soon.

Debbie said...

That quilt looks like fun. I love your garden photos. Is the wild geranium a perennial? I may need to try and find one of those.

Lola's Mom said...

Your project is really coming along...such pretty prints you are using. I have trouble with red violet too (getting the camera to cooperate). Just painted a small table for my front porch with it and the color is off.

Linda said...

I would like more information on the wild geranium also. It's beautiful.
Thanks

Needled Mom said...

That shell print has always been one of my favorites. I am surprised at how different the "small print" looks cut up like that. The pots are so pretty.

Connie said...

I am very interested in this quilt . . . the fabric choice is so different from anything that I would pick for a quilt. My problem is that I get stuck in a rut using pretty little prints. I need a creative person like you to inspire me and show me that bravery pays off in glorious beauty. I know that when you put these all together I will be amazed. You are so talented:)
Happy quilting!
Connie :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

All of the cuts are so interesting. Hard to tell from the reference quilt photo what the quilt will look like or how it is constructed. Plants look real happy and healthy.

Quiltdivajulie said...

We have planted sweet potato vines several years and they always amaze us with their growth rate. This year none of the garden centers had any worth bringing home (spindly and oh so pitiful). So I will enjoy your plants this season and we'll try again next year. LOVE those prints you're cutting. I like them cut small - I remember when they paralyzed me.

JJM said...

It has been so interesting to watch how you cut several squares from one magnificent piece. Giving each block a look of their own.

Your plants give such a beautiful welcome to your entry.

JJM

Unknown said...

ts & dogs; it destroys the liver! Pretty though, if you don't have pets!

Unknown said...

Just found out today that Heliotrope is Lethal to cats & dogs. Pretty though if you don't have pets!

Mystic Quilter said...

The shells are a favourite of mine and they certainly are perfect for cutting into different sized pieces. I have small piece of your second fabric in a different colorway, when this first was released I wasn't too sure about whether I would use it or not but it does look good as you're using it.