Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Half hexie day.............

I finished sewing the top section of 6 rows together yesterday morning.  I have to design this quilt sideways because the quilt will be over 90" long and the double design wall is only 82" tall.  I planned the next 5 rows in the afternoon.  This is on the wall with the poor lighting so I will move it to the other wall soon for better photos.
I designed one more row last night and then sewed the next 6 rows together and added them to the first section of 6 rows.  It will be 20 rows wide so I am 60% done with this top.  I will take a break from it today since my friend is coming over and we will finish the last 8 rounds on the Kaffe one block log cabin quilt.  Here is where we left off.

7 comments:

patty a. said...

My goodness you got a lot sewn together. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wanda,

It has been a while since I've commented, but I've been "lurking with interest" all along...

Is there a difference between a 1-block log cabin quilt and a medallion quilt? Oh, hmm, pieced vs single-fabric "borders" for each round?

Frebblebit

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, planning in stages and then sewing. I would not have enough confidence to do that and probably have to rip out. Looks pretty good right now. Can't wait to see the log cabin with the fabric you ordered.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

this might be a good die for me to get to use up some of the scraps - I really like what you did with all those plaids

Hedy said...

Very pretty Wanda, I like the really bright colors with the duller plaids.

JJM said...

Your plaids and stripes just glow with your hexagon designING. Couldn't have been a better layout.

Today sounds exciting, finishing up with your Fasset fabrics. Hope we will get to see it tomorrow or the next day.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Now I want to make one of these, and I have a lot of plaids......
Ah, you enabler, you!