Friday, March 9, 2018

Cutting again........

I had company in my studio yesterday so I worked on several things.  I made a couple more blocks for my batik Hunter Star and then cut up the remainder of the strips leftover from the neutral bricks cutting.  They are 3" finished size.






I was going through a stack of fabric and pulled out a couple pieces that I just love.  I need to cut into this one.






I like this one too.  The mottled batiks are so pretty but it is hard to figure out how to use them.







8 comments:

JustCallMeElle said...

Those two batiks would be awesome for raw edge applique. The changes in color and depth of color make for great shadowing. :-)

Love your project from yesterday! Especially the fish swimmers. But I already told you that. :-)

Hedy said...

That yellow fabric is my favorite. Gorgeous!

Nann said...

I know you don't do applique -- but those mottled batiks would be great backgrounds for applique blocks.

JJM said...

Even with company in your studio yesterday you accomplished a lot. And I would bet you were helping them too. Your mottled batiks look like elegant Easter eggs. If only I could die one that pretty.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

There is something very exciting about freshly cut pieces, all ready to use. I think all the potential of a new start and opportunity.

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the mottles batiks and have quite a few in the basket, but, as you say they can be difficult to use, perhaps that's why they've been sitting there for a few years!!

Needled Mom said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

BatikFanatic said...

I know what you mean about the mottles... I love them, but find them challenging to use! Oh so pretty, though...