Saturday, March 31, 2018

6 combinations.....................

I chose 6 more combinations for 16 patch blocks and cut the strips.  I started sewing them last night but didn't get blocks made.  I pulled a muscle in my upper arm yesterday so I decided not to overdo it.
I went out searching for any sign of spring.  We had a cold March so there isn't much coming up.  I did see the first peony poking out.





One of my many Sedums was also starting to grow.  It is on the west side of the house so it gets the warmer afternoon sun.





What is plentiful is this nuisance plant, wild onion is one name because the root of every blade is like a tiny onion.  It is almost impossible to get rid of and I have about 30 clumps of it here and there in the back gardens.

This is one of the early Cranesbill plants that I uncovered last week.  It doesn't look like much now but it fills a good size area eventually.

I want to mention my current pop-up shop is down to the last 2 days closing tomorrow night at midnight EST.  Why do I mention it so much?  Because there are some people who only read my blog once a week and I don't know which day of the week.  I don't want them to miss seeing it.

There won't be any finishes for March this year.  I will look tomorrow to see if there is anything to report as a recap.

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

Those first signs of spring are always so precious, but especially after a long cold winter. One year I waged a major batte with the wild onion, digging up clump after clump. It’s just one of many weeds that keep me busy. Lol.
Lovely fabrics, as always!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous red.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my old peonies died along time ago and I missed them, I planted 3 new ones but only has come up so far it is about a foot high and thin as can be and has one bud on it right now, hope it bushes out more

Hedy said...

Several of my plants have popped up too. I have two different clumps of daffodils blooming but my garden looks pretty awful now. Have a wonderful Easter tomorrow.

JJM said...

Brilliant reds on display and fun to see what you've got popping up in your gardens. It's spring out here too, and my daffodils are getting ready to bud out. Hopefully we won't get another cold front to slow them down.

Happy Easter ~ JJM

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year, when the plants are beginning to peek out....this year, after a strange winter, I look forward to spring more than ever here in Virginia!
Love the fabrics in your 16-patch blocks, and I am enjoying following along on this project's journey....
Happy Easter, Wanda!
Sandra B
scb304@juno.com

O'Quilts said...

Lucky you still with the strength to garden....Feel better...glad you are taking it easy xo

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Brought in my first roses today. The azaleas and wisteria have been blooming. I am going to the Quilt Week in Paducah for the 1st time, and then my husband will pick me up so that we can go on to Champaign to visit friends. I will be checking weather forecasts to know what to pack:)