I decided on 48 blocks and completed the last batch last night. Here they are with the 2 blocks in it with the gold checked fabric that I wasn't sure about.
And here it is with those two blocks replaced. This is more of the look I was after. There is one combination with a muted purple, several with dull greens and at least one with blue in it. The rest are neutrals.
This is the view from my sewing machine in the main floor studio.
I sewed all of the vertical seams and 5 of the cross seams after I took this photo. I will finish it today.
I have been busy at my die cutter for several hours each day. I hate to throw away these scraps that are about 1/4" wide and anywhere from 2.5" to 8" long but I don't do any art projects or weaving to use them.
My pink and white cactus had two buds and one finally opened.