Saturday, December 23, 2017

Gift package............

A package came Thursday evening and it said to open immediately.  Further instructions inside said to refrigerate it and to consume with 48 hours of receiving it.



They are delicious!











There was a second box in the package.










This one is Truffles!











Yesterday I had a out of state visitor.  She comes once a year at Christmas and we caught up on the year's happenings and went to lunch.  

Last night I needed to cut into the strips I showed yesterday and "make scraps".
I cut 4 layers at a time.  I needed both strips and center chunks.








I cut 2 sizes of both and then made another 4 blocks.  I have 32 blocks done and 2 started.  I was going to put them up on the design wall but decided it was too late so I'll maybe do that today.


I noticed that the white cactus on the top shelf of the baker's rack is blooming.  Now I'm guaranteed some blooms on Christmas day.

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a nice gift - I love strawberry's and chocolate! yesterday we received a large basket of fruit from out daughter in WI - needless to say I was glad I was almost out of fruit because we will be eating this all week.

Libby in TN said...

I see those commercials and wish someone would think of me. Nice to know they are as good as they look.

Nancy said...

What a lovely gift! They do look inviting. Blooming cactus- right on time.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The chocolate looks delicious and your fabric cuts are intriguing. How wonderful that your cactus will bloom on time.

Marnie Haines said...

At the speed you are working on the red quilt, Wilma, you just may be creating a miracle Christmas quilt!
Merry Christmas! Marnie Haines

JJM said...

Sheri's Berries are delicious, we have been gifted a box a few years ago and I still remember how good they were . Happy you received a box, you deserve a nice treat. Your red batik is so pretty. Anxious to see what you will be making with your pieces. And another lovely catus blossom and white yet. Bloomed especially for a white Christmas.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Shari's Berries ARE good! I got a nice gift of some one year and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

My brother sends me the Shari's Berrys every year, and I got mine today too!

Jenny said...

Ohhh - what gorgeous chocolates!!!

Merry Christmas and many thanks for such an interesting blog!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

You lucky duck! That package of treats looks so yummy!

Jean said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year! I look forward to seeing where your creativity leads you.

Needled Mom said...

I like instructions like that!!! They look delicious too.