Saturday, December 9, 2017

Finish # 21 for 2017......

I finished the binding on this wonky 2 rail fence quilt last night.  It is  63.75" x 79".  

Here is the post where I was just starting this quilt and the book that has the instructions.




I bought this backing fabric on sale earlier this year with nothing in mind for it.  When I started looking for the back for this quilt I knew it was a good fit.







This is one of my favorite cactus plants with light pink flowers.  It is the plant that I accidentally broke a big piece off in the dark one night.  The piece I broke off is rooting in a glass on my kitchen windowsill and is the one that has 3 buds.



You can see the shade of pink better in this photo.

9 comments:

clairice said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I made one of those in bright batiks, but it was given away, I have a lot of 6" strips that I could make another one.... or two. Beautiful pinks!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I wasn't sure I was going to like this quilt, but it is absolutely stunning! Love it! My giant Christmas cactus has no buds on it for the first time ever. :(

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love Sujata's book and her process - and you have created a TRULY BEAUTIFUL rail fence quilt. Congratulations on the finish!

cityquilter grace said...

love it!

JJM said...

"Two Rail Fence" and I called it zig -zag. It is one viberant design and always your fabrics are too. You have really worked it into another master piece Wanda. Still thinking about buying a Christmas cactus. They are every where right now and your continual photos are quite influencing. (*._.*)

JJM

Sharon said...

Wow, I love this quilt! It's so striking with this color combo! And I love this pattern. I'm still working on my blue and white version. You have inspired me to work on it some more!

patty a. said...

Another wonderful finish! It turned out great!

kadyb said...

Perfect backing fabric. It just enhances the quilt and looks like you bought it with the intent to make it part of this quilt. Lovely, Wanda!

Kathi Harris
kadybird2002 at yahoo dot com