Thursday, December 21, 2017

Crazy pieced blocks.............

I started making red crazy pieced blocks last year and have worked on them a couple times since then.  I'm kind of between projects with all of the holiday preparations so I started to work on some more at night.



Here is a block that is large enough to trim with my 8.5" square ruler.









I try not to have any seam too close to the edge of the block.














I will save some of the larger pieces trimmed off and throw away the rest.









I finished these 3 blocks the first night I worked on them










I made 5 more blocks last night.









Here they are trimmed.









I had 2 more started but I am running out of variety of scraps to work with so I will cut a few pieces off yardage.

13 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, I love when you go crazy- piecing that is. And red is my favorite color. What fun.

Sewing Junkie said...

I have 10 made, but put them away for now. Need to work on them again. They are addicting. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Wanda. Chris

Mary said...

These are beauties. I appreciate seeing the way you create them too.

Gene Black said...

I love crazy piecing, but it is surprising how much time it takes to make each block.

patty a. said...

Gorgeous reds!

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Love the red would look great for Christmas with lime green block

Needled Mom said...

I love crazy scrappy blocks. These are wonderful.

donaleen said...

I want to roll in those reds. Red has that effect on me.

Rebecca in AK said...

Loving your red blocks!

O'Quilts said...

This is my kind of sewing....

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love your crazy piecing, and love the red too!

cityquilter grace said...

that is some crazy gorgeous piecing...what a simply yet effective block...it's the batiks, it always is...lol

JJM said...

I've been trying to think what I was doing on the 21st. This was one fun post to see. Anyway I'm glad I was checking older posts tonight and saw this one. Love those crazy pieces of reds sewn together to make one gorgeous block.

JJM