I went down to the basement to look for something and found this paper pieced block that goes perfectly with the colors in my 16 patch quilt. Since it is a 12" finished block it will work with the 4" and 8" blocks.
I have parts ready for two more 8" blocks.
I finished adding the row to the right and one across the bottom for a 17 x 17 wallhanging. That will finish at 34" square. This is the orientation on the design wall.
This will most likely be the finished orientation though. I still have to tweak it. I can see a few pieces already that need to be moved or exchanged for a different fabric. I will work on it while my 2 students are working on their design walls today.
I pulled out my 53 trays of 2.5" squares to find the final fabrics. Each stack is a color range. In the front are pink to red and next to it is yellow to orange. There is one stack of multi-color. I think I have the most trays of green and purple. Remember you can click on the photos to enlarge them.
All 53 trays nest and fit into this blanket box. I buy the reusable aluminum cookie sheets. The ones that are 2 for $1.98 are sturdier than the 2 for $1 from the dollar store.