Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Mostly cutting yesterday.........

I went through the Australian fabrics looking for 4 more pairs to make Hunter Star blocks.  I started the quilt with mostly red, black, and light neutral.  I added several purples and now I'm adding a couple blues.  I think the quilt will still read mostly red/rust/burgundy/black and light neutral.  The pieces shown are ready to run through the die cutter.
I got the strips for my friend's quilt cut to the right lengths.













Late in the afternoon my granddaughter and her 2 little ones came over to vacuum up all of the little fuzzies and a little later the 3 guys got here to move furniture back into the living room on the new carpeting.  There are still piles to go through on the 3 shelf units and on the fireplace mantel, little by little since I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy.

10 comments:

hungry caterpillar said...

Carpeting looks awesome! Hope you are healing well and getting stronger daily! We need to have lunch in October with Januce and maybe Theresa. Sue W.

Mystic Quilter said...

The carpet looks great! Just take your time sorting through the items on the shelf units.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The whole room looks gorgeous and cozy. Take it easy cutting all that fabric. It looks so lovely.

Gene Black said...

The carpet looks nice - but my eyes immediately went to the quilt on the wall.

Mary said...

I bet it feels wonderful to have the new carpet and your living room back in order.

Hedy said...

Your living room is looking good ! I knew a gal who painted her living room ceiling a beautiful lavender. Almost the same color as your walls, it sure looks great too.

Needled Mom said...

Glad to see that you are still taking it easy. I love the look of the new carpet.

patty a. said...

You have made great progress with your helpers getting the room back together. The carpet looks so nice!

JJM said...

I sure like the Austrailian fabrics for your hunter star blocks. Your friend will be pleased you did some cutting for her, while you are supposed to be taking it easy. And another step forward getting your living room back in order.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Wow your living room looks brand new fresh! Really pretty. I like those Australian fabrics, too.