Saturday, June 17, 2017

Binding..........

I found a dark navy blue print in my stash to use for the binding on the African blue modular quilt.  I am a little over half done with the hand stitching.



I printed a label for it a long time ago, maybe 5 years ago.  Luckily I knew where it was.  I finished the quilt top in 2011 and I think I basted and ditch quilted it in 2012 and just now finished the rest of the quilting.



About a week ago I was moving all of my Amaryllis bulbs outside for the summer and I noticed one had a bud peeking out.  Usually a late one just dries up and dies but I watered this one and it has been growing.  It will be a few more days before I know what color it is.

6 comments:

Sharon W. said...

The quilt is fantastic: I hope you will give us a view of the entire top! And your time line for work on it is very encouraging: it gives me some hope regarding "antique" projects waiting for quilting or binding!!!

Hedy said...

I too am looking forward to seeing this beautiful quilt.

Mia said...

I am sure it will turn out a great quilt!

JJM said...

I too am anxious to see full photo of your navy quilt. You started it years ago but I forgot what it looked like.

Hope you don't get anymore storms that last one sounded scary.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

An amaryllis in the summer??? Wow.

Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt.

margaret said...

so good to finish a quilt I enjoy the binding part. Good label I only write on a piece of muslin/calico for mine if I label them at all, maybe I can try printing on fabric too.
Nice that the amaryllis has finally woken up and is about to flower good that you kept it watered you have been rewarded