Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Table runner finished...........

I had to watch Dancing with the Stars last night to see David Ross from the Chicago Cubs make his debut.  I quilted this tablerunner and then chose a binding fabric, cut it and sewed it on, and hand stitched the binding finishing at 11p.m.  The runner finished at 11.5" x 33.5".

The back is one of my favorite old red fabrics.  I found a nice stripe for the binding that looks good with both the front and back.  

I also spent time looking for flannel to use on the back of my 9" tumbler quilt.  I found 3 pieces that I think will work.  Most of my large pieces of flannel are kid related or girly so they won't work on that masculine looking group of browns, greens, and blues.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I do like the backing on that table runner. That is a very good red.

Mary said...

I love this piece. You certainly got a lot done last night.

patty a. said...

What a beautiful table runner!

Hedy said...

A really pretty table runner and I love those reds.

Nann said...

I'm sure many of us have fabrics that began as several-yard pieces. Over the years we've cut away at them, larger chunks or smaller. Sometimes we're so darn sick of the print we're glad to use the last of it, but other times we are sorry that it's gone because it was "just right" for so many projects.

I think I still have a piece of that print in another colorway!

Quiltdivajulie said...

We both forgot to watch DWTS last night - arrrrgh! Oh well, there's always next week. Your table runner looks great!