A friend came over to sew and use a design wall so I used my Studio die cutter to cut 3" tumblers out of flannel scraps. While I watched TV I sorted them into piles of like fabrics.
After they were sorted by fabric I pulled out the ones that there was only one of, two, three, four and five of. That left the 3 bottom rows where there was more than 5 of each fabric.
I started sewing two rows so I could figure out how many it will take to make a row about 60" long. Now I will cut some 6" tumblers from larger pieces of flannel and some 9" from even larger pieces. I'm hoping rows of all three sizes will look good in one quilt.