I spent a lot of time in the basement yesterday. Remember this purple and green fabric that I considered as a backing for the purple 16 patch quilt? I remembered a group of fabrics that I had pulled for a Trip Around the World quilt class a couple years ago and the fabrics were still together. I pulled out a few fabrics, added a few more and I think they look great with this fabric which I have 6 yards of. I will probably add a few more purples, maybe batiks and this will be one of my 2017 quilts.
I loaded a small quilt on my longarm, piecing the batting from my huge bin of cutaway pieces. Hopefully it will get quilted today. I also chose backings for a couple quilts.
I went over my list of quilt tops from last year. I start each year with a new list of the ones not quilted, then add all of the tops to it that I make during the year - marking the ones that were finished or sold. Last year I had 66 tops on the list at year end, 6 of them sold, I finished 20 and sold 4 of the finished quilts ending with 40 not finished which are the start of the 2017 list. I did find 2 in the basement yesterday that aren't on the list so they will be added.