Tuesday, October 25, 2016

More stash hunting............

I'm still searching for large floral prints in my stash.  This one is a contender for the 8" squares.









This one looks more like a painting than a realistic flower so I'm not sure about it.










This one would have multiple flowers in an 8" square.








I could use this for the small squares around the edge or have multiple flowers in a large square.  I will probably go ahead and do some fussy cutting and if they don't go in this quilt, they can be used in another quilt.  Now I'll go through the Philip Jacobs and Kaffe fabrics for more large flowers.  I know I'll find some there.

12 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

A great garden of flowers for a cold dark fall day!

Mayleen said...

I'm in awe of your stash! The Seed Packet quilt is one I'd love to make too.

Gene Black said...

I love the top two. I have seen seed packets with "paintings" rather than photos....at least years ago I saw some like that.

Kucki68 said...

I am fond of sunflowers, but it does not seem to work with the other ones I have seen so far.

Mary said...

Do you ever discover forgotten treasures in your stash? I do!

Hedy said...

Your fabric flowers are just gorgeous !

patty a. said...

Those are some beautiful floral fabrics!

Alice said...

It's going to be gorgeous.

Needled Mom said...

It's lovely seeing flowers like this as winter is approaching.

kaypaul said...

I took the Seed Packet class with Kaffe and Brandon a couple of weeks ago. They emphasized that each square should have a single flower with a strong center, rather than a bunch of flowers. Even the borders should be one strong flower. Occasionally, they liked it when someone would have a fruit or bird, as long as there was a simple background that did not distract from the central image. It was a great class!

Lola Carr said...

Wanda! LOVE these fabrics you are using...that very last one is GREAT! Kaffe & Philip will help you out, I am sure!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I love these fabrics, especially the first one.