Sunday, October 9, 2016

Cutting for 3............

I got the pieces for three blocks cut but didn't do any sewing.  I am not cutting it by the directions in the book.  I wanted to use my die cutter for the triangles.  It was a nice cooler day yesterday to work outside so I trimmed two of my Goldmound Spirea bushes.  I still have one to do and hopefully it will get done today.  I also cut down all of the asters that were done blooming.
The same stripes that are in the blocks are used for the sashing between blocks.

One last call for my colorwash class at my house in Sandwich IL.  It will be held on Wed. and Thurs. Oct. 19 and 20.  Email me if you are interested: exuberantcolor2 (AT) gmail (DOT) com.

8 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I put this block on the list of quilts I want to make last year. Your fabrics are wild and fun.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such fun fabrics! Blocks are going to have a lot of POW! power. Wish I lived closer, would love to take your class.

Hedy said...

I really like the fabrics you have laid out for the blocks, this is going to be another Wandaful quilt. I sure wish things were different and I could just drive up there for your class, I'd love to see you again and take that class.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a neat block that you are using for this newest quilt. I hope you have a full class - if only I lived closer!

Becki @ the beach said...

Nope, California is just a little too far.....sad to say!
What is that black & white fabric?

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the background colour with your wild fabric and don't the stripes look amazing. I managed to cut out four feature fabric last evening, busy on kaleidoscope during the day.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I wish I could be there for your class -- I really do.

ckrut said...

When I saw you were in Illinois, I thought maybe I could do this. Nope. You're 4 hours away. Darn! Love your style.