Sunday, June 5, 2016

Door is done............

My son came over yesterday morning to give the final coat to the front door.  It looks so nice!  Now I need a new modern screen/storm door with a larger window to show it off.

We had rain in the morning so I waited until afternoon to go outside and dig out a flower bed.  There was a bush planted in the middle that was dying and lots of Sneezeweed and Asters in it.  My helper last year cleaned out half of it so luckily I only had half to do.  That was enough for my old body.
There was a second flower stalk on the Amaryllis and one of the flowers opened on Friday.  There were 3 blooms on the first stalk and 2 on this one.









Here is a close up on the Sundrops.  They have such an unusual center.  There are lots of buds on each plant and there were bunches of them in bloom yesterday.









 

9 comments:

Gene Black said...

Your door looks great.

Hedy said...

Like you, I love my red door, it's the same color. The people we bought the house from put in the full length glass door so it does show well. Your blooming flowers are so pretty. I will have to google sneezeweed as I've never heard it before.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda.....Your door does look great, and quite the focal point. We have a full length glass storm/screen door and have been extremely happy with it, as it does protect our oak door which we splurged on when building the house 20 years ago. Does does use Marine Varnish to coat it periodically to keep it looking new. Enjoy the day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have the exact same door as you do but it is a natural color with a clear finish on it although it sure could be cleaned up a bit!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the door. You do need a bigger window screen to show it off.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your front door looks very posh - does your screen door open to the outside? I bought a new front door last year - it's made of plastic but extra strong for security and with good locking features. I didn't want to have to paint doors or window frames any more so everything is good quality plastic now. As usual all your flowers and blooms are glowing with health. The snails got to my Hostas so no blooms this year but my Clematis are doing great - all 4 now in full bloom. And this side of England finally has some sunshine again after being under cloud the past few days - it's nice and warm but I hope it doesn't get too hot - my sunbathing days are long gone, haha

donaleen said...

Your door looks the same color as ours. I like a red door. And I love the yellow of sun drops...

Pat said...

The door looks wonderful and yes a full window storm door would be great for showing off that neat door. I have been lurking for a long time until today I think I finally figured out why my comments never go through. Stupid old me had never signed in to google in a very long time. I have loved every quilt you have made lately.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your door looks FABULOUS!!!