Sunday, June 26, 2016

Almost done..........

I made two more blocks and played with the arrangement some more.  I thought I was done, did the photography and then looked at it again..........











and I exchanged two blocks with each other, near the center.  I need to made a decision and get this sewn so I can clean off the design walls and get the stray threads with a lint roller.  The art quilters are coming tomorrow and I need empty walls.  

I baked two batches of cookies last night.  It was hot yesterday but supposed to be hotter and more humid today.  Since I don't have central air, just 2 window A/C units I thought it was better to bake at night.  It was still 78 degrees at 11:30 p.m. with 88% humidity.
The balloon flowers are blooming.  I used to have two colors of them but I'll have to wait and see if I still do.





They used to be short plants, maybe 10" tall.  Now they are more like 18" or taller.












The porch pots are doing great.  

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Make sure you stay cool and hydrated! Love the quilt. I have never seen another one like it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your plants all look so pretty. We actually had low humidity yesterday for a change and I hear the temperatures will be going down just a little for the next two weeks - I will believe it when it happens.

Hannah said...

Looks great!

Judy H said...

I am loving those circles. I may just have to break down and add a similar quilt to my list!

Needled Mom said...

Love these blocks, Wanda. That is going to be amazing when finished.

Your flowers look so pretty. The steps are so welcoming for guests.

Hedy said...

Very pretty quilt top, just gorgeous. I love your plants on the porch, so welcoming in summer.

Jackie said...

I love your quilts and color choices. I have never heard of Marcia Derse until now. Where did you get the great selections of her fabrics.

Anonymous said...




I REALLY LIKE THE LAST LAYOUT OF THIS QUILT. i THINK YOUR FLOWERS ARE VERY PRETTY, i HAD A LOT OF THE BALLOON FLOWERS AT NEWTON AND A LOT OF CONE FLOWERS. I SURE MISS ALL MY FLOWERS. KEEP COOL. VERA.

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Color everywhere, inside and out! Love the way the newest quilt is going....

Kat Scott said...

Maybe there is hope for my short stubby little balloon flowers yet!
It all looks gorgeous!