I did the binding all by machine since I'm considering this a baby quilt. I used the same fabric as the outer border since I already had some strips cut that I had used in the auditioning for sashing.
I also got the binding sewn on the tablecloth and have one side hand stitched. I didn't have enough of the corner black with white dots to use for binding so I cut strips from a fabric with smaller dots.
The Jack-in-the-Pulpit did something strange this year. There are blooms already and hardly any leaves have come up yet. Usually there are lots of leaves first. I also have the dark version and they haven't even poked out of the ground yet.