My two quilting friends came over yesterday and I worked on a couple projects. Here are 3 of the 12 Laurel Burch Stack and Slash blocks that I will use for the layout demonstration when I do the workshop.
I asked my friends' advice on the borders of the medallion. We unanimously agreed that I needed to trim the spiky borders by 1/4" on both sides which meant the light outside border strips on the corner paws could be cut down to 1/2" finished. I trimmed them while they were here and sewed them on last night. The outside border is still just pinned in place.
While the washing machine was running I decided to clean out a box on a top shelf. There is one bag of flannel scraps, mostly long ones anywhere from 3/4" to 2 1/2" wide, crooked cuts, not straight strips. I was going to toss them into the dog bed scrap bag but thought I would offer them to any local person who could come and pick them up.
There is also a bag of homespun scraps, same thing 3/4" to 2 1/2" wide, crooked cuts, not perfect cut strips. Again if there is anyone local who reads my blog and want them they are free for the taking. If no one wants them they will end up in the dog bed scrap bag.
Also in the box was this tablerunner that I made for my mother back in the early 1980s. It isn't quite as bright as it looks here. The blues have mostly faded. That is typical of that age blue fabrics. I made this to see I liked making this pattern. Well, this is the only double wedding ring thing I ever made so I think the answer was no, I didn't want to make a quilt of this pattern. Now I am much more experienced in sewing curves so maybe I could master it but I have too many other quilts on the 'want to do' list that look like more fun.