Friday, January 15, 2016

Cleaning, choosing fabrics...............

I spent most of my day yesterday cleaning up the basement.  I have 2 friends coming over today and the art quilters on Monday.  I had projects and piles of fabric on every table.  Late in the afternoon I started looking for fabrics for the next rounds in the medallion quilt.  
I'm thinking the purples for the long skinny points and maybe a constant light fabric with them.  The corner blocks will be a combination of the purples and red-oranges with the light fabrics.  I will make some pieces and then decide if they are right.
A reminder: this is the book the quilt pattern is in.  I will choose my own blocks for the 4 corner blocks and possibly one of the 2 choices on my sketch above.  I may choose more fabrics and the scrappy last border can include lots of variety.

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely fabrics you have chosen there!

patty a. said...

I like how you are changing the design up a bit and making it your own. The fabric choices are a fun group that will make this quilt interesting and complex.

Mary said...

I love your selections. I sounds like you have some fun days ahead with your friends. Enjoy!

Gene Black said...

I love that black fabric with the blue outlined circles. I am not sure it would work with this quilt, but it is a fun fabric.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Are most of the medallion quilts in that book squares? If so, do they offer mix and match ideas to change the shape of the quilts? I have such a preference for rectangular quilts (unless they're destined to be a table topper) ...

Vicki W said...

I need to get that book. I want to make a medallion quilt for the guest bed. I guess I'll be visiting Amazon.com shortly!

JJM said...

I admit I am only a "wanna be" quilter and to be able to visit your blog from time to time keeps me in your loop. (*._,*) Always so full of fabulous colorful fabrics and designs.

JJM