Saturday, December 5, 2015

7 blocks............

The first piecing I did yesterday was on my Farm Girl Vintage blocks.   I have been drafting a few more blocks to go with the ones in the book.

Here are all of the blocks so far.  The tractor block is larger and I may work on that one after I make the sheep and another pieced block.  My quilt won't be a sampler with sashing between blocks and a traditional setting.

Last night I got 5 more blocks sewn for the red/purple 16 patch quilt.  I have the 5 duplicate block pieces laying by the machine to work on this morning.  I think there is only one strip set that I may not be able to get 2 blocks out of. 

It is supposed to get above 50 degrees here today, a little unusual for December....but I'm not complaining.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am curious to see what you do with your Farm Girl vintage blocks.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the direction you've taken with your Farm Girl blocks. And that purple/red ... happy sigh!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your farm girl blocks are so colorful! I usually shy away from these quilts as the fabric is usually dull or "country" cutesy. They look terrific!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Exuberant indeed!Beautiful colours all over the place.

Charlotta said...

Those two quilts are so different, it's hard to believe that the same person is making both! I'm loving the red and purple!
I heard that this is going to be a very unusual December, weather-wise, most of us are going to get warmer than usual weather. I think only the south-west (Texas, Arizona area) and North Pacific might be colder. Don't hold me to this, of course, this is just what I think I remember. I'm sure my area and the East coast were in the warmer than usual area - that's the Ohio Valley, the Deep South, and the north east - because those are the areas to which I paid attention. It's where I live and where my husband travels.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

The Farm Girl looks so fresh!!! Red and purple!!! A royal combination! Weather here has been nice as well. I was in TN the other day and it was a bit milder, I hope it holds the same in January, when I will be going back for a 2 day (maybe 3) stay!

Anonymous said...

Cute farm girl blocks. Love the red and purple. I'm wondering if the batik print in the middle bottom one is still available. It appears to be almost magenta or fuchsia with a little rust and maybe a trefoil design. I need something like that for a project. You can email me mspmunday at msn dot com. I would appreciate it. Even if it's more purple than it looks here, it would probably work. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Going without the strip setting makes a quilt more interesting... add more diversity.