Thursday, November 5, 2015

My colorwash..........

I only had three people in my colorwash class so there was a wall free for me to work on to at times that they didn't need my help.  This is my piece at 5 p.m. right after they left.



I went back down and worked on it for another hour and got it all filled in.  It still needs tweaking however.  I'll do that after they leave today. 

When I was cleaning the basement I found another colorwash in batiks clipped together with numbers for the rows.  I started it in June and needed to get it off the wall when my art quilters group was coming.  I put the pieces up on the wall Tuesday night to see if it was ready to sew and discovered that it needed more dark pieces all around it.  I'll show that one tomorrow, the before and after I add rows.

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

The more of these you show, I feel like i get better at seeing where it needs tweaked. Please show this one before and after tweaking also.

Hedy said...

I love to magnify the picture and see exactly what each fabric looks like. It never ceases to amaze me what patterns you combine to make a beautiful color wash. I can see too that this one needs tweaking. Not a great deal and not even sure where, but I can see it. Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us.

uk.essay-writing-place.com said...

Wonderful combination of colors! Really bright and lovely.