Monday, August 17, 2015

Quilting the banner.........

I finished the quilting of the banner for my friend's church.  I still had 5 rows to quilt when I took this photo.  I pulled all of the basting out too.  Now I'm ready to trim the excess batting and backing and sew on the facings.  I explain facings on this post.  I will then put a hanging sleeve on the top edge and a rod sleeve on the bottom edge.  If they want it to float freely they won't need a rod in the bottom sleeve.  If they want it nice and flat against the wall they will insert a rod in the sleeve.

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

A lovely photo of your quilt in the machine.

Diane said...

Wanda, I was in the hospital last week, getting IV Steroids when my hand stopped working. It's exciting to see all the progress you've made on the banner! Let's talk soon.

patty a. said...

We both will be binding and adding rod pockets this week! My thumbs are so sore I am having a hard time typing.

Hedy said...

I read your post about facings and since I am a garment sewer, I know about facings. But what I would like to know (and I am sure others too) is why you put the facing on some quilts and binding on others ?

Needled Mom said...

I can't wait to see it hanging.

Sharon Dallman said...

I am trying to understand your term "facing". I looked at the photo and read your explanation and all I can come up with is that is is like a binding. Is this so?

donaleen said...

Wanda, I know what facings are in clothing and I read your explanation but it bafffled me what you are doing. Maybe I am just slow today but usually your explanations make perfect sense.

Vicki W said...

Wow, you finished that fast!