It was twice monthly sewing day today so I took my GO Baby cutter and triangle die and cut a bunch of batik scraps. The trimmings will go to the dog bed lady.
Last night I vacuumed the basement and finished sewing the sleeve at the bottom edge of the banner. Since the width of the banner is about 69" I think 2 yardsticks overlapped and taped together might work as the rod at the bottom. It only needs to be stiff, not necessarily heavy. In fact since the banner is 90" tall we really don't want to add any weight to it. It is really lightweight at this point because I used Thermore batting which is a lightweight low loft polyester.