Monday, July 6, 2015

Final layout........

I made the final blocks and rearranged a little so I could start sewing this top together.  This is more true color than yesterday's photo.





Here are the buds on the Balloon Flowers.  They look a little like hot air balloons at this point.






As the buds get larger they start turning color.  In past years I have had pale pink ones in addition to these periwinkle blue blooms.











The coneflowers are opening.  The bugs start eating the petals within days of blooming so it is hard to get a good photo.  This one is probably fully opened this morning.

7 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

My Balloon flowers are just starting. My Cone flowers are open. We noticed yesterday that the corn isn't as high as it usually is. Not enough sunlight for a whole month. Your layout is fantastic. Getting closer to a finish. Chris

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have not heard of balloon flowers, pretty. Love the quilt layout

Hedy said...

My purple coneflowers opened about 2 weeks ago and the red ones opened before the purple. My plants have spread so much I need to thin them now. I love the layout on your double four patch. Very pretty quilt again Wanda.

patty a. said...

The quilt top is beautiful! I like how the colors change in the little squares from dark to light. I put the buckets I had my cannas in outside so they could get some rain and they are growing in the bucket! I have to get them in the ground before summer is gone!

Needled Mom said...

That is a beautiful arrangement.

Those balloon flowers are so interesting.

Charlotta said...

Quilt looks great. I've never seen or heard of balloon flowers before, how cool!

judith lockhart said...

The final layout of your quilt is so pretty! I like those blocks that 'blend' a little, too, giving even more for your eyes to see. Your flowers are gorgeous, too!