Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A few more pieces......

Yesterday my cousins and I got together for lunch to celebrate one cousin's birthday.  When I got home I dug up a couple more hostas that were too big for the area they were in.  I pulled off the babies and returned the main plant to the original spot.

Last night I finally made it to the basement to fill in the last few spots.  A couple of the fabrics aren't working very well so I'll look for replacements.  I may add another row top and bottom too and then fill in with squares.

I have received lots of comments from no reply people lately.  I thank you for your comments but I can't reply to you.  Don't think I'm ignoring you or unappreciative, I just don't have a link to get back to you.

11 comments:

Millie said...

Another beauty in the making. Someday I am going to try my hand at one of these.

Libby in TN said...

I think your rectangles give an overall softer look than squares would. The glow from the middle really makes it!

Gene Black said...

I think it would be fun to put a dark border and fill in the "squares" with the same dark color for a piano key effect.

Hedy said...

All I can say is that this is another beauty. Love that light place in the middle, it actually glows. The quilt is fantastic.

patty a. said...

This is coming along nicely! It makes me want to make another one!

Needled Mom said...

I'll bet you had a wonderful visit with your cousins.

Lynda said...

I have just discovered your blog (don't even remember how I stumbled upon this) and I love your work. Making a watercolor quilt has always been on my list of "to do's" but your process looks so much more inviting. I have a lot of batik fabrics that need to be used up - I just may get started on this process...thanks for the inspiration.

Cathi said...

I love watching your glowing colourwash quilts being made. This one is going to be fabulous - the centre really is glowing!

Corrine said...

It looks great! I love seeing it coming together with the posts from yesterday.

Bethy A said...

Your beautiful quilts are an inspiration to me and I am trying to follow with some bright and colourful pieces - I look forward to what you are doing every day and the progress on each quilt.
Thanks for my shot of colour - it makes me feel that my love of colour is right on the mark.
Beth A

Charlotta said...

Love your color wash. It is one thing I'm pretty sure I will never have the patience for. But I do love the way yours turn out.