Saturday, January 24, 2015

Blocks, strata.............

I have 14 Hunter Star blocks sewn and fabrics chosen for 6 more.

I also inventoried all of my quilt tops waiting in line for quilting.  I needed to measure some and staple a little note with the size written on it on the corner of the quilt top.  That saves a lot of time when I'm ready to look for backing and batting pieces.






I sewed two more stratas for this TAW quilt and then decided what my center is so I can unpick more loops.  I won't do too much more on this one until my February class starts.

9 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

A hunters star... Some day I think I should make one.... don't you? The name fits!

Sewing Junkie said...

Labeling the quilt tops for needed fabric amounts is very smart. I then need to add it to a notepad to find the pieces at the store. Chris

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have all these quilt tops hanging in the closet and never thoughtto pin the measurements on them. What a brilliant, simple idea!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't think I have ever made a Hunter Star pattern, it actually looks like an easy pattern to make once you get the color picked out!

Joan said...

What a lovely quilt - Love your choice of colour

Linda E in NM said...

Beautiful Hunter Stars! I like the coloring.

JJM said...

Just love your Hunter Star blocks, what is the measurement of each block ? They look large on my screen. But then you stated yesterday that it is going to be a small quilt.

JJM

Frederique said...

Beautiful color range, and very nice pattern, I have to try it!

I'm running a fabric giveaway, you are welcome to enter and win fabrics from Fat Quarter Shop!

Aunt TC said...

I have a quilt started like this one except my pieces were cut separately by me, many years ago before there were the cutters available now. A question - how do you choose the middle fabric for your "trip" quilts? Thanks.