Thursday, December 4, 2014

Borders...........

My two friends came over yesterday and I worked on borders.  This is the Liberty Lawn colorwash with its border.  It is layered on its backing and batting in this photo.  It is going to fly across the country and will be hand quilted by the friend who shared most of the 2" squares with me.  Then she is sending it back to me.  Is that a win/win?  I think so!
 Next I cut the borders for the Keiko Goke fabric TAW and got them sewn on.  That is sunlight showing through the border on the left edge.  We had 100% of possible sunshine yesterday according to the weatherman.  It was a cold day so the sunshine was a treat.

My friends helped me decide on borders for two more quilts too so I hope to work on at least one of them today.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Both are beautiful. I especially love the border fabric of Liberty Lawn colorwash.

patty a. said...

Your choices for borders are spot on! We had a few moments of sunshine yesterday and it was wonderful!

Helen said...

Lovin' that Colourwash!

Needled Mom said...

It's definitely a win/win! Both are so pretty. I hope the sunshine stays around awhile.

Kristin said...

The TAW is beautiful, Wanda!

JJM said...

Borders make such a difference to all pieces and you always select the best ones. Both are so pretty.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Just beautiful, both of them! And how wonderful it will be for you to have your own quilt hand quilted. What a blessing! And what a sweet friend.

Sharon said...

Love that colorwash! It reminds me of a flower garden in full bloom! And the TAW has such wonderful Keiko Goke fabrics in it! Both quilts are beautiful.

Charlotta said...

Two beautiful quilts. I'm in awe of the TAW. Such amazing fabrics!

Selvage Quilter said...

I love all your quilts, but this one is truly super-duper!