I have had the backing and batting for this quilt hanging over a rail of my longarm frame for almost 2 months. Finally yesterday I sewed the seam in the backing, loaded it and quilted it.
I chose this gray/beige Jinny Beyer print for the binding. I didn't want to emphasize any one color with 9 different color blocks in the quilt so I went neutral.
I have just a narrow band of it showing here and it looks good with the front and backing. I cut the binding but didn't sew it on yet.
I also sewed the last four blocks and played with the layout. I'll check it later today to see if I'm still happy with it and then sew it together. There are some old fabrics in these blocks, from the late 1980s and early 1990s all the way up to a few new ones I have purchased in the last few years.