Wandaful Quilts

Visit my blog shop https://wandafulquilts.blogspot.com for items for sale: wall art, mini art, quilt tops, fabric groupings. It is an ever changing group of items.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cutting day.......

Today was cutting day on my triangle project.  I'm using 3" finished triangles for this project.  If I had chosen 2", 4" or 6" I have plenty of them already cut.

I want to join the Drunkard's Path quilt along at Vicki Welsh's blog, but it will be a few days before I can link up.  Here is one that I made a couple years ago (still waiting to be quilted) and I have a tray of leftover pieces I can start with. 
This was my other project, the bridesmaid dress.  I have the overskirt and underskirt pinned to the right length (I hope!) and I had to cut off 4.5"



The easy part was the rolled hem.  I hope I have the length right; that is the hard part.  The wedding is tonight.  This photo is a truer color.



 

10 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Chiffon is no fun to work with. It creeps to easily when cutting.Chris

Mary said...

Wow! That's a beautiful dress, but I would hate to have to take on that project. I don't do well with that kind of fabric.

B Hunter said...

Good job on the dress, the color is very different in the 2 pictures!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful but dresses are something I do not touch - no interest in that delicate work

Quiltdivajulie said...

Having had a chance to play with some of your scrappy triangles, I know first hand what fun they are!


Julierose said...

What a gorgeous dress--love the top of it! I quit making my daughter dresses when she got a shape!! Hugs, Julierose

Mystic Quilter said...

I admire your patience with the rucking on this lovely dress! Looking forward to your next triangle project.

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry folks - meant to be ruching but the silly word thingy changed it and I didn't spot it!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your drunkard's path post got me to make the Circle Dance one I am quilting for my daughter's wedding present. She limited the colors, so I love yours much more. I love it as much as when I first saw it!

MontyBear said...

Hope the dress got done for the wedding.