I cut 2" strips from my African fabric collection about 5-6 years ago and started making a quilt but was never happy with it. I have been trying to come up with an idea for the strips and finally just went back to courthouse steps/log cabin pattern with zebra stripe fabric as one of the rounds. I used 2 different African fabrics in each block.
The zebra print tends to look like gray from a distance but close up you can see the black/white. I will start piecing my black sashing strips to the blocks soon. I'll show my border idea on Thursday.
Tomorrow I'm going to be linking to the Drunkard's Path quiltalong with a photo of one of mine and another that one of my art quilter friends made.