Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sewing and cutting..........

I have sewn 11 of the 16 rows of the colorwash.  The remaining rows are clipped together and labeled.










I have mentioned before that I have tough fingernails so I fingernail press the seams as I go, one row to the right, the next row to the left.  When I have all of the vertical rows attached, I won't have to take it to the ironing board because the seams are already pressed.
I'm busy cutting kits.  These stacks were cut from 1 yard pieces of fabric with 6 cuts of 4 fabrics each so when I do the crosscuts at 10.5" there will be 24 pieces for each of 24 kits.
These stacks were cut from shorter lengths of fabric which are the groups I am working on from here to the end.  I hope I can get all of the rest of the strips cut today and then tomorrow I can crosscut and sort into individual kits. 




Hedy H you are a no reply.  Try to use this link to email me.
EYSchmitt, you either need to enable your email address or email me directly.  You are also no reply.

9 comments:

Gene Black said...

I hope the people that get the kits realize the work you put into making them. :)

I think I have a kit that I need to find and "play" with.

Sewing Junkie said...

Such organization. Progress is really going well. Chris

Sylvia Anderson said...

Wanda, the Wonder Woman strikes again! You must have the energy of the Energizer Bunny, but your batteries never seem to run down.
Just one quick question...are there 50 or 24 pieces in each kit, because you have made reference to approx. 50 pieces on the first day and today you said 24 pieces. Guess we're in for some rain today, so I'd better get busy sewing on the elephant quilt for the 1st. birthday of one of our great granddaughters. Hope you have a good day.

Roxanne said...

Your colorwash is coming along quickly, as is the fabric cutting. Is this rotary cutting or done somehow on your GO?

Needled Mom said...

I'm glad to see that you are having some time for sewing for yourself while still tending to all of us, Wanda. The quilt top is looking wonderful.

JJM said...

"Boy did you open a can of worms" (*._,*) Lots of work cutting all those kits. . . I am like Gene I need to get my kits out and get them completed. I am really anxious to see how you will join all your rows. As it looks like I should copy your process for this one.

JJM

Cathi said...

The fabrics you're putting in those kits look absolutely fabulous!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Those fabrics are so pretty, can't wait to see your completed colorwash. I'm still trying to rev myself up to start another one.

EYSchmitt said...

Hi Wanda - EYSchmitt here...hopefully my email address is now showing up for you. I appreciate the care you are taking to connect with us. I look forward to this beautiful collection.