It was a little less humid yesterday so I pulled tall weeds in the back garden. There are a few so large I'll have to cut them off.
I only spent a half hour on quilting a wallhanging and then I got 4 out of 7 columns sewn on this quilt last night. I think I can finish sewing it together today.
I had fun looking through all of my Kaffe stripes to see if i have enough to make this quilt in the new Kaffe book. I am adding in a little red and purple. The quilt in the book is square and I want the quilt to be rectangular so I'll need to do some adjustments.
Sunday night I started pulling fabrics for this quilt "Cayenne", my favorite in the new Kaffe book. I don't have all of the fabrics he used but I have found some good substitutions in my collection. I can't start on these new quilts until after the first of the month because I want a couple more finishes for this month. I have one wallhanging quilted and ready to trim and the second one partially quilted.
In case you missed the book in a previous post, here it is.