Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ready to sew.......

I have had the circles appliqued on these blocks for over a week but hadn't checked my photo and put them back on the design wall to prepare for sewing it together.  I will sew it today and then start appliqueing the circles on the other 9 blocks.



 I have tamed the back yard jungle a lot this year.  There are still weeds but they are short ones at this point.  I have been mowing around the bird feeders and mowed a path to my neighbor's yard.  It is a natural bird sanctuary, not a formal garden by any means.  I'm just happy we have had so much rain this year and everything is staying green.

11 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

We were to get rain last night and it didn't happen. Suppose to be a lot cooler the rest of the week. your blocks are looking really good. Anxious to see the final layout. Chris

Vivian said...

Your pairs of fabrics with the circles, lines, grids, and squiggles give great movement to each block. Love the final look.

Sporadic but reliable rains here in Iowa this summer have kept everything green as well. Your informal bird sanctuary area looks like a relaxing oasis for humans, as well as critters.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

That is one dynamic pattern.... I am nearly tempted to make one!!! We are hot this week and humid... suppose to storm today and tomorrow.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the blocks - nice looking garden and so nice to have a path to your neighbors house

Gene Black said...

I like the bird sanctuary garden.

Mary said...

What a great mix of fabrics. I especially love the center block.

Elaine said...

Love those blocks. I am working on "Garden Party" from Making Quilts. Your garden is lovely-we have had no rain at all but until this week has been cooler.

patty a. said...

Those blocks are great! They just pop! The yard is looking wonderful.

JJM said...

Your summer photo's always make me smile. Each block looks like bright blooming flowers. I know stitching the circles takes time... but not for you. You always accomplish so much more than the average person, when it comes to your creativity.

JJM

Charlotta said...

I very much admire both your quilt and your yard. Thanks for looking out for the birds!

Leslie said...

The bird garden is wonderful, and I love that you call it a "jungle" even though it's beautiful. ;-)