Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Working on two.........

I made the first block using the 1.5" strips.










 Here you can see how small it is compared to the original quilt block.  If you don't remember this one, here is the book it is from.






I have been working on the light colored 6" Northwind blocks.  For the no reply people with questions, here is the tutorial on this block.  This time I'm using 4" and 2" finished size triangles.
 Here are 8 more of the 18 blocks I made yesterday.  It was too late to play with them on the design wall when I finished them last night.

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The smaller versions have a charm of their own. Love the 1.4" strips!

cottonreel said...

Really like the pink. I'm a bit of a sucker for pink

Michele said...

It really is amazing how much smaller a block made with 1.5" strips is than one with 2.5" strips. I like the pink!
I had an extra 2" BW strip set leftover from the rainbow blocks so I cut some pink. Will put that one on the back. Thinking about it, perhaps I should have cut out black pieces instead. Nah, I like pink!

Quiltedtime said...

Lovely, Wanda. Am enjoying the various background prints on your pink blocks.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Now we know what you were cutting all the 1 1/2 inch strips for!! Love both blocks in the smaller sizes!!

Needled Mom said...

So....that block must finish at 12x14??? It is so pretty in the pinks.

Muddling Through said...

You are on a roll, Wanda! They all look wonderful.

Brown Family said...

Cute!

Mechelle said...

ohh - you have a GREAT selection of neutrals for your backgrounds on that pink!! So much fun.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the 1.5" version -- still on my bucket list!

Charlotta said...

I'm pretty sure I won't be making any Northwinds quilts any time soon, too many triangles. But that first block/quilt definitely has a hold on me, and I got the book. Plus, I did a pretty good job at Paducah, at buying neutral and light fabrics. Much better than I've ever done before. So much do that I had to do some serious rearrangement of my fabric stash to fit them in. Now there's a lot more room in that color area of my fabric "library." It was a very tiny section previously.