It took me until 11 p.m. last night to get this 6" block Northwind top sewn together and I'm happy I stuck with it. You might notice it is flipped end for end from what I have shown up to this point. I consulted my art expert and she thought this was the winning orientation. Below I have yesterday's photo, also flipped so you can see where I made changes yesterday. I replaced one block and repositioned a few others.
I thought the red ended too abruptly (bottom edge) in yesterday's version. I also didn't like the pink/lavender block on the left. The gold (top center) was too lopsided so that got changed a little.
These are the blocks that got pulled out in the last 2 days.
Here are the triangles that were cut and didn't get used.
I will add this post to the HSTeria quilt along link (right side bar) on Friday.