I love making the Northwind blocks so I'm making a smaller version this time. I put the 4 leftover blocks from the last quilt up there so you can see how much smaller this new one is. The original quilt had 9" blocks and this one has 6" blocks. I plan on making about 90-95 blocks from which to choose the 80 blocks I need for a 48" x 60" wallhanging. I will be concentrating on light blocks now. The contrast isn't as high as it looks in this photo; it is much softer looking.
After my company left I went out and pulled more weeds and a bunch of Goldenrod. It is hot and humid and it's expected to stick around for a few days so I'll be doing more cutting and sewing in my cool basement after I get my hair cut this morning.