Saturday, June 28, 2014

Finishing kits...........

I still had 23 fabrics to cut for my workshop kits so a large part of the day was spent finding fabrics to fill out the variety of colors and styles of fabric, pressing out fold marks, die cutting, and then sorting them into kits and packaging them.  I took a couple breaks and mowed the back yard grass after lunch and the front yard at 8:30 when it was finally cooling off a little.  The three hour workshop starts at 10 this morning so I packed everything I will need last night.
 My niece sent me a photo she took at the program Thursday night.  I started this quilt top in June 2010 and sewed the top together in September 2010.  It has been waiting patiently for me to make a border from more triangles.  I wonder if that is ever going to happen....

8 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

If you chose to just finish it with quilting... It would be a good sized throw!

Sewing Junkie said...

All good things take time. Have fun with your workshop. Chris

Elaine said...

What quilt did you teach at your workshop? Someday that quilt will get finished because it is too pretty not to.

Mary said...

I hope you have a great day at your workshop. I know the students certainly will be in for a treat.

JJM said...

Photo of '2010' quilt has such deep dimension. On my screen it looks like uniform impressions in each block. I agree with Elaine... this one is too pretty not to finish.

I know you will enjoy all your students creative work today. With the great help you have given them with your kits of cutting, pressing, and selecting all the pieces. Lucky ladies.

JJM

Sharron Keck said...

I thought it was a small crocheted item - waffle pattern - until I saw the person holding it up! That's the depth produced by the light-to-dark in each block! beautiful!

Unknown said...

Dear Wanda, I am really enjoying following your blog and think your intuition for colour and design is truly amazing. I am from the UK so attending one of your workshops is sadly unlikely. Do you have any DVDs or books with any guidance for a beginner. Kind regards, Jackie

Mystic Quilter said...

I think I am hooked on half square triangle quilts so I do like this one and hope you can get around to a border, although does it need a border? I like scrappy quilts just finished with binding.