Here is the
vertical final layout. What I learned from this quilt was that I needed at least another 40 blocks to achieve what I thought I was designing. That means going to a smaller block. These are 9" blocks (72" x 90") so 7.5" blocks would work and would make a 75" x 90" with 120 blocks. I need an even number of rows each direction like I have done here so that when 4 dark corners of the blocks come together it is repeated at the opposite edge. I have spent 2 weeks on this project at this point. I'm not sure when I'll start sewing it together. I did a lot of outside work yesterday and probably will be out again today.