Saturday, December 14, 2013

More backyard visitors.....

Yesterday I had a blue jay and the woodpecker under the bird feeder.  They both tried to stake it as their territory and then gave up and shared the space.




I couldn't get them to both give me a side view at the same time.  I need to walk out in the fresh snow and fill the feeders today.





I decided to do some shopping yesterday on the warmest day of the week (30 degrees) before the snow started to fall in the evening.  I finished a dishcloth in the afternoon and sewed a few more strips on the log cabin blocks.  I'll play with layouts for the star blocks for a couple days before I make a final decision.  I'm still thinking about a narrow sashing ( 1/2" or 3/4" finished) between the stars and haven't looked for a fabric for it yet.

12 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Sashing would keep you from dealing with all the point bulkiness. I was thinking this morning if you had decided about that. Chris

Pat said...

I have to go outside and fill my feeder also. I hope this snow stops soon. I just finished knitting a scarf from a kit that was given to me. It is really east with 200 and you knit every row. The yarns were in various shades of purple and had metalic thread in them. It turned out nice but it is really a narrow one. Be careful shoveling it is supposed to be a heavier snow.

Annie said...

Beautiful birdie shots

JJM said...

Yesterday's post, is just stunning Wanda, your Blazing Stars are as brilliant as any star filled night I have ever seen. I can hardly wait till you show us your quilt top.

You must have a tasty variety of seeds to attack both of those dominate birds.

JJM

Mary said...

I know the birds appreciate your feeders. Looks like you finished your Christmas dishcloth just in time for the season.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I usually see more blue jays here in the spring than the winter and so far this winter I have only seen one - the snow is melting here and 60's for part of the week they say - then cold again - I think the feeders will be plenty busy all winter

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just love the outdoor birds. Our town made bird feeding illegal as our county stopped its rat control program. So sad, used to love feeding the birds and seeing them everyday.

Needled Mom said...

The bluejays here are very aggressive birds and so not like to share anything!!

Enjoy your snow!

suemac said...

Such a cute Christmas dishcloth.

Kevin the Quilter said...

You certainly have some colorful visitors to your feeder! Hmmmm....I'm thinking they like your quilts too! LOL

Julie S said...

I'm so glad you share nature pictures with us! The birds are beautiful in the snow!

Brown Family said...

such nice visitors to share!