Star number four. They are getting a little easier with each one I make. They are cut with the Blazing Star die which is available for the studio cutter and the GO! cutter.
I have to look at the directions every time to get the pieces in the right order. Batiks are so similar on both sides so I have to be sure I have the stacks going in the right direction.
Now you can see it isn't a difficult block but it takes a little practice to get the ends of the triangles lined up since each of the three triangles is a different shape.
So far I'm just using leftover fabrics from other projects. I haven't actually chosen any of these to go together before I started cutting. I just cut a bunch of pieces in the right value (light, medium and dark) and then picked the ones I thought would work together. I have 3 more cut and ready to sew. Now it is time to get some yardage out and cut specific combinations for the blocks.
Yesterday I went to 3 Goodwill shops with 2 friends, then lunch at Steak 'n Shake and last stop at a quilt shop near the last Goodwill store. This is what I purchased. A fun day!