I have been throwing the crooked trimmings from clean up cuts into 2 plastic boxes for a couple years. I decided to sort them loosely by length for a new project.
This is the short and medium length strips and below the lid is a huge pile of full width strips. I have cut my starting squares and will begin piecing soon.
While trying to clean some of the mess off my sewing cabinet, I came across the trimmings from the African 16 patch stratas. I was able to make 3 mug rug tops from them.
Today Rosemary is coming back and we are going to baste another of her log cabin quilts. I finished basting my African 16 patch last night.