I haven't abandoned this project. I have been auditioning fabrics for the last 8 blocks. I have decided it will be an off center layout so I will fill in the 3 spots on the right and then make 5 blocks for the bottom row. Click on the Fractured Quilt Along on the right sidebar and see what everyone else is doing.
I wanted to finish some mug rugs to get them off my sewing cabinet so I have room for the new project. 2 of these have quilting done with my embroidery machine in the center and then I did free motion meandering in the background.
I quilted and bound these three mug rugs last night.
The first bud opened yesterday on the pale pink cactus. In a couple days there should be about 5 open.
When I bought these plants they had multiple blooms on the end of each branch. This year I am seeing that again. There are lots of buds on this plant and some are very small. I put it in my kitchen where it will get lots of light now that it is blooming. Usually the last batch of buds dry up and fall off and I had previously left them in the room that is dark for more hours. Now I will find out if they just needed more light for all of them to bloom.