I finally sewed the wallhanging size African fabric top. It is about 40" square and I'll probably ditch quilt both directions on this one. More black thread in free motion would just make it darker and it doesn't need that.
This is the group of 16 blocks that are left over. I see the second one in the bottom row is turned wrong. I haven't decided whether to sew it or just save the blocks for a future project.
This is the quilt that I loaded on the longarm a few days ago. It is the smallest one I had ready to do at about 40" wide. You might recognize it from my 2 rail quilt tutorial.
I put a wild fabric on the back.
Here is another find from the hall closet. I had found the Crazy Daisy winders before I had my garage sale in June but couldn't find the directions. Lo and behold I have a book for it.
This might give you a better idea of how the little tool works. I have 2 sizes of the daisy makers.
They are used as decorations like yo-yos on a lot of the projects in the book. I would say this is from the 1960s from the styles. Now I wonder where I put the crazy daisy makers. I'm trying to get like things together this time around.