Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Getting started..........

Some of this batch of strip sets are batiks, the rest regular quilting cottons.








I started slicing some of the strip sets last night and got the first batch of blocks sewn.  I'm wondering if they will all go in the same quilt.  I might be starting 2 or 3 quilts.





This was the second batch.  I have 17 more strip sets to slice plus all of the duplicate blocks to make.  These blocks seem so small after using 2.5" strips with the first quilts and these are 2" strips.

10 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

They maybe seem small, but they can be wall hangings and still have the punch you need. The rich colors say large to me.

Gene Black said...

i like to mix batiks with quilting cottons. It makes the piece more interesting to the eye.

suemac said...

You have lots of choices on colorways. It looks like you might have another garden series.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful!

patty a. said...

More beautiful blocks!

Needled Mom said...

It will be fun to see what they become.

Donna~~ said...

Wow Wanda, you've been busy! Such fun playing with all the possible combinations!

JJM said...

What a beautiful post today. Every photo so full of your 'Wandaful' wonderful color.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Just beautiful! I know what you mean. I made the Batman quilt with 2 inch strips instead of the usual 2 1/2 inch and they do seem small. I think I might like them better in some cases though - you can cram more of them in. :)

Brown Family said...

It is amazing what a difference that half inch makes.