I thought maybe I should do a tutorial on how to plan a 16 patch so that seams are all going in opposing directions when you are ready to sew blocks together into the top.
I chose a few fabrics to get started with. I have about a thousand 2.5" strips to choose from. I have been cutting a strip off every batik that I get out for every quilt that I make. The blue strips that I pulled to make the last quilt hardly made a dent in the drawers full of strips.
Just to prove I did sew something, here they are with the first seam sewn in all of the pairs.
The art quilters are coming today. The weather is supposed to be beautiful.