Friday, July 5, 2013

Seeing stars.........

This is the other project I was working on Tuesday when my friends came over.  I add the sashing strips to the left and cornerstone and sashing strip to top of every block and then go to the design wall.

After I have made a decision of the order of the blocks I will know which ones need a right side strip and which ones need a bottom strip.  Only one block ends up with strips all around, the bottom right.







Now I have the right and bottom strips sewn on and I'm ready to assemble the quilt top (except I ran out of energy).















I hung a piece of fabric to the right and then cropped it into a border width with my camera software.  This white and black print has some green in it too.








I meant to post this photo yesterday with the red/white/blue hair.  Just 2 more of my trolls.  I only bought ones that were strange.  I figured they would be the only ones that might be worth more at a later date.








17 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

The border looks great with the blocks. Isn't it amazing what we collect. I collect chickens. Chris

Unknown said...

I absolutely love how this quilt is turning out... but then you know how I feel about black and white fabric with some color!! LOVE!

Karen H said...

The stars in your quilt really sparkle..... very pretty!

Gene Black said...

The quilt is looking great.
I love the patriotic troll!

The Reader said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love that the single print used for sashing completely unifies the different prints used as backgrounds -- wonderful to see that technique; gives me courage to mix up my scraps a bit more. Thanks for showing your process!

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing the process on how you handle sashings before you know the final layout!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Seeing stars is gorgeous. Love the border you have shown. I had a collection of trolls once upon a time too. Love yours!

HollyM said...

This a very pretty quilt. Black and whites, especially stripes always make the bright colors sparkle! I like the border you've auditioned too.
You really saved everything. I remember having trolls but we've moved so often everything was pared . Now we've been here for26 years and things are multiplying in the closets!

suemac said...

Love the stars. My husband and I were watching a marathon of old musicals on TCM so I only got a quilt cut out during breaks. Love the stars.

Vicki W said...

This is another great idea for a veteran's or QOV quilt. I really love it.

Gari in AL said...

Your stars are so bright and beautiful and what a good idea to do the sashing as part of the block. When I saw your border fabric I thought of fireworks but this time the stars outshine them.

Sheila said...

I'm enjoying watching these star blocks and quilt top come together.
I like your troll collection :D

Quiltdivajulie said...

This quilt is becoming another of my very favorites . . . I hope the trolls stay out where you can see them, they're awesome!

Michele said...

Some people would say ALL trolls are strange! Perhaps that strangeness is why I think they are so wonderful.

I have a pair of troll earrings I wear sometimes


Love your stars.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Love that quilt. The stars are beautifully color coordinated and love the black & red combo and of course the border you are trying out. All looks great together!
I used to have a troll with black hair...I wonder what happened to it?
It's probably in with all my barbie dolls from long ago.
Have a great weekend! Hope you find time to do some more quilting!

Kay in Kansas

Mystic Quilter said...

Do like these stars with all the black and white fabrics, they really stand out.

Brown Family said...

I like the border. Looks like fireworks!

Nan